18 Sep Financial Advice: Pensions & Investment Advisors in Bournemouth, Dorset
Pension Advice: Pension Transfers, Consolidation and Financial Planning Advice in Poole, Bournemouth, Wimborne and surrounding areas.
Financial advice could benefit you in many ways, but much will depend on your circumstances. Here are a few typical examples:
- You might have an old pension arrangement that has disappointed you, or perhaps you want better pension information and access to more frequent reports and investment appraisals.
- You may have many small pension pots that could potentially benefit from consolidation into one pension product with an agreed investment strategy and more flexible options.
- Do you have old pensions that don’t seem to grow much, or that have special benefits that need explaining, such as Guaranteed Annuity Rates, or Protected Tax Free Cash Lump Sums?
- Maybe you have old employer pension plans that could benefit from a review, or that need to be explained properly so that you can understand the benefits and factor into your retirement plans?
- If you’re a higher rate taxpayer, do you want to reduce your tax burden and receive pension advice to improve your retirement plans?
Although we provide advice on a wide area of financial planning, we specialise in:
- Retirement Options
In the 2015 Budget, the Chancellor announced yet more changes to pension rules.
In addition to Pension Freedoms and ‘easy access’ to Pension Lump Sums, there may also be planning opportunities, or new restrictions that may apply to you if you make the wrong move. Annual Allowances are changing and there is discussion about the removal of higher rate tax relief for some, if not all higher rate taxpayers. Maybe you should bring forward pension contributions now?
Carry forward of unused pension relief is available but there are some circumstances where it may be restricted. There are also certain criteria that need to be met to make use of this facility.
We are authorised by the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) and can advise on all the main areas of Pension Planning, including:
- Income Drawdown (Flexi Drawdown, Phased Drawdown or Capped Drawdown)
- Open Market Options – Annuity Purchase
- Specialist Annuity Purchase for Impaired Lives or Enhanced Rates to reflect your lifestyle and health
- Pension transfers and consolidation – Personal Pensions and Occupational Pensions
- Pensions in Divorce situations
Our wide range of experience allows us to consider a wide range of options and to help you choose the right one for you.
If you are considering a higher risk option, such as income drawdown, we can help you consider all your pension income options, as well as the aspects of investment risk and life expectancy considerations and what this means for your income requirements. Do you want to risk running out of money in retirement, or being forced to reduce your standard of living? Speaking to us can help you reduce or eliminate this risk.
Do you need to consider inheritance tax and wider wealth protection concerns? Pensions can now be very useful for estate planning. If you run a business, you can consider investing in your own business, or using business assets as a pension contribution to achieve both tax savings and an improved retirement income.
Investments obviously form an important part of most clients’ personal financial arrangements. These may be standalone – or as part of your pension provision. How you hold the investments can affect the amount of tax you pay and, therefore, the net rate of return.
When putting together a future plan, we will ensure the advice is suited to your investment objectives and risk profiles.
In addition to this we will aim for maximum tax efficiency and we will consider all costs (advisory, administrative, fund management and product provider) to ensure you receive value for money.
We may even be able to give you a better service than you currently receive at a lower total net cost.
If you choose to use our services, we will let you know the costs involved before you agree to proceed. The cost will depend on your requirements, but we can assure you that we aim to deliver an excellent service at a highly competitive rate.
A general guide: A typical charge for advice on a pension transfer/switch for a total fund value over £100,000 is 2.5% (£2,500). Alternatively, we can bill you at £125 per hour. Fees can be deducted from pension pots in most cases, if this is your preference.
We do not receive commission when giving pensions, retirement or investment advice. We may receive a commission if we arrange an insurance product for you, but this will be fully disclosed at the outset.
We will always agree any fees with you, prior to any work being carried out.
We believe you should have choice, so to reflect this we offer a range of service options which you can choose from, from one off advice to regular financial reviews or perhaps quarterly/half yearly investment analysis and risk adjustment.
Written by Daniel Weldon, Director. Astute Financial Advice from Astute Money Management Ltd 19/08/2015